The role of education around the world is immense, and people accepted this fact. Today awareness for education is increasing day by day as everyone is keen on learning new things, acquiring new skills, and aspires to become proficient in their favorite subject so that the roadmap towards a better career gets easier. Parents, on the whole, are very much concerned about their child’s education and want to make all things possible so their children can attain success.
Often the children, parents, and guardians find it tough to get the best professionals that can hone their skills. However, this problem can be resolved with the help of the On-Demand Tutor App. These apps are prominent by the working section of society, who finds it tough to spare long hours to teach their children.
These personal tutor finder apps are also being widely welcomed by tutors themselves, as they get to explore myriad teaching opportunities on this huge platform. Businesses in this arena are keen to make the most, and hence to help you, here in this blog, we lay out the key features, useful technologies, and all that is required to know to develop an excellent On-demand Tutor Mobile App.
Transformation in online learning trends
Transformation is the key to get success in any of the sectors. Learning modes have also faced several transformations from traditional ways of learning to the online or Zen-X of learning online through elearning applications. Since the Covid-19 times, learning from school, colleges, or any live locations have been closed. How to teach students in huge levels online was the major challenge for every institution and university. From this time, online market availability has grown in a great way. A large number of students, teachers, and countries are now following the latest trend to learn things online.
Teachers have quickly adopted this genre of teaching, which is quite important and feasible. This prevails the time complexity issue, as students can learn the syllabus any time in a day without any haze. Covid-19 Highly turned the trend of learning for students and faculty.
As per the research of Statista, the retaining tendency for students is vast in online classes compared to physical teaching centers. If we look at the impact of the pandemic on e-learning modes, it has crossed 1.4B the number of learners worldwide. So this shows the large contribution of online learning to the world.
Market & Growth Stats
The market of on demand tutors app development is expected to accelerate with a rate of 16.1% from the period 2020 to 2027 with a 4.81B USD mark in 2019. This depicts that online education is considered to be one of the best ways to earn money and condemns the benefits of higher employer rates. Online tutoring services offer many advantages, to debar any geographic constraints and render a demand of tutor assistance from the pool of experts.
Online tutor solutions are the best way for students to improve focus, ease of convenience, and cost-efficiency. At the same time, this method helps both teacher and student to enhance their productivity and efficiency.
From time to time the government supports the online mode of learning to encourage more universities and schools to use this platform. Many government plans have run free online portals which have a positive impact on market growth.
- For instance, the Ontario Ministry of Education enrolled the education plan in the year 2019 to pursue education from school to graduation through online mode.
- In another instance, the government of New Zealand has leased 17,000 digital portals for the poor kids who are not able to possess education.
The allowance of many features, and on demand Tutoring App helps to obtain real-time information of the student’s progress. The subjects including science, math, engineering, and technology have accounted for more than 60% of the market share in the global revenue of 2019. Various major companies are trying to grab this opportunity of online teaching. In July 2020, an American company, McGraw Hill, partnered with TutorMe, a US education provider, to offer free online teaching services to the students.
Some of the major players in the online tutoring industry like Ambow Education, ArborBridge, Byju, iTutorGroup, Vedantu, etc. have successfully hit the market for many years. Major country players are the USA, Canada, UK, France, Mexico, and many more.
The online way of teaching is a mix of learning with comfort. Yet online tutoring has also faced few challenges that could be a tough nut to deal with. We have strategized for you a list of some of the challenges you need to care about before your tutor finder app development.
- Technical problems: There could be many difficulties like Internet issues, delays in running the video conferencing software, not compatible operating systems, and many more. It is advisable to use such platforms which can give easily accessible information to the students for studying.
- Lack of discipline: Usually in school, students tend to be more attentive due to the live presence of the teacher. But in the online mode, they ignored the teacher and did not focus carefully. Students are not groomed under the teacher’s eyes so both of them aren’t able to maintain a personal connection between them. One of such useful tutorial platforms to enhance the connectivity between student-teachers is AdaptiveU.
- Marketing: Many of the students are not aware of online platforms thus they are frightened to give their money to online sources of teaching due to a lack of trust. Resolve this issue by taking part on online platforms to get comfortable with the students, promote on social media, and many more.
Process of On Demand Tutor App Development:
Target Market Research:
On-demand tutor app development has a huge market and opportunities as well for the newcomers to adjoin and run a successful source to generate profits. Hitting the right niche of the market can only lead you to high in the long run. Prepare bulletproof strategies and understand the need of parents for teaching their kids and then strike on the right way, could be a win-win solution for your business and the users.
Before beginning any app solution, you need to go through the occurring competitors, their presence in the market, strategies they would have followed, and the outcomes. Based on the detailed research of the market and being aware of the existing guidelines, then only you should carry out your idea of application development. The online tutoring market already consists of a large number of platforms, so the gap they left and what possibilities you could infuse in it, can only ensure your success.
Ensure Effortless Cooperation:
You can imagine that a platform is a place where you can deliver well-efficient services to the users with the coordination of the service providers and other resources. You have to maintain the balance between each one of them to build enhanced trust on the platform.
Building Tutors’ Network:
Your platform can not be limited to a locations; it must welcome different zones of professionals and offer flexible time to them for teaching the students. Always build a trustworthy relationship with the tutors. Remember that with their services you can reach the high tempt of success.
Tech Features & Solutions:
Another important aspect is the services and solutions you are dwelled on. While in the development process, you have to imbibe your application with the tinge of various features, it’s still important to cross-check them once again, are they working and easily performing? This makes you confirmed with your overall app functionality. With the advancement of technology, the latest AI & ML technologies also help your app to run beyond the need of time.
Designing is the ultimate way to capture anyone’s attention. The app is the one platform, you can easily do wonders using well-flourished user interfaces and designing.
Business Models are various popular models adopted by on demand Tutoring App Development as per their suitability. A few of the best business models are listed below. Let’s have a look.
- Freemium Service: This type of business model is free initially. Users just have to download the app from the play store and be ready to use it. There is an in-app purchase for using additional services.
- Subscription: This business model is used by various businesses to gain revenue for their business. Users need to pay a small subscription fee to get the services of a tutor mobile app. Of course, initially, it is free as a trial for a few days, then subscription packages are available as per your need and capacity.
- In-app purchase: This revenue model is used to earn profit with the in-app purchases. Some of the features are available only after purchasing.
- Advertisements: Advertising is the best way to earn and retain money. In this model, the app owner keeps space to run ads from various sources like publication houses, schools, and colleges to earn money in return. The charges for these ads vary when displayed on the page and the location it has occupied.
- Monetization with data: Valuable information costs something. On-demand tutor apps contain lots of meaningful data of the students, colleges, facilities, and many more, this can be a source to gain income.
Parents want their children to be well-infused with the technologies and aware of the latest trends to make their kid’s tech freaky and capable of job demands. Many EdTech companies are in a rush to provide new online solutions at the comfort of the zen-next kids and rejuvenate their revenues and credibility in the long run. It gives a push to the e-learning industry and aligns with new scopes. Just with a smartphone and good internet connectivity, kids are good to go. We have come up with the top on-demand tutor apps which have a strong presence in the market.
- Genext Students: This online tutor solution is India’s first AI-based hybrid mode of learning. Every student is not economically sufficient to pay a large amount. To overcome this, Genext came up with low-budget solutions. Idolized with the thought that education is the right for every child, they configured their application with many of the value-appropriate solutions to bind every kid with their level of understanding. Their courses covered many of the boards including CBSE, state boards, National, ICSE, and International.
- Tutree: This is another online tuition service to hand a list of tutors just within a few seconds, covering a range of subjects including languages like Spanish, English, and geometry, computer, etc. With over ten thousand tutors and 1000 universities, Tutree is confirmed as one of the leading online platforms for developing students from the beginning to the higher levels. Teachers are registered and legal ones, by the ministry of national gender offender registry.
- Everly: As the name implies, Everly is one such platform to combine different categories of professionals for educating students across the globe. The platform is tech-enabled and seamless to provide top-class quality to the students.
- Chegg Tutors: This platform provides immediate work completion, video tutorials, chat solutions, and affordable e-learning all in one to their students. Platform consisted of reviews and ratings of individual teachers to help the students and parents to choose the right teacher for the learning.
- Flipclass: This platform strictly allows only those teachers which are well experienced and flexible with the working. Students have several options to choose from and the WhatsApp interface gives an easy way to get connected with the students for learning and any discussion.
Framework & Features of On-Demand Tutor App
User Panel (Student-side):
Signup/Login- Users can signup/login to the account using their email ID, social networking account, or via OTP generated from their mobile number.
Browse Tutor – It is this section that allows users to look for the tutors as per their learning requirements- subject/course-wise.
View Tutor Details/Reviews – This section presents all necessary information regarding the tutors like specialization, course specifications, teaching experience, ratings & reviews given by other users, and a lot more.
Share Requirement – Users can look for relevant tutors by simply posting their requirements as per their courses, subjects, grades, and timings.
Book a Tutor – Once the user has checked the reviews of the tutor, they can simply book them so that the teaching process can begin as per the chosen subjects & courses charted out by the user.
Chat with chosen Tutor – It is easier for the users to communicate with their tutor regarding various concerns like fees, timings and to gather other necessary details. This makes the learning process all the more effective.
Give Ratings & Reviews – Ratings & reviews given by other users helped to select a tutor. Users can also rate their concerned tutors according to the quality of service they are receiving, consisting of teaching efficiency, time adherence, and behavior.
Profile Setup – Same as in User Panel, here as well the tutor has to set his/her profile & then signup using their email ID, social networking account, or via OTP received on their mobile number.
View/Edit Bookings – This section allows the tutors to check as well as edit their booking schedule. Like the running tuition as well as the ones of which the course is complete, it can be updated by tutors.
Accept/Reject Requests – Tutors also have the privilege to accept/decline the user requests as per the time schedules or tuitions lined up for them.
Change Availability Timings – The tutors can easily change and alter timings as per the number of tuitions lined up for them.
Chat with Student – The students often ask questions via chat, and the tutor can answer their queries as well as update them in case of any change in schedule or anything else.
Check Weekly/Monthly earnings – According to the number of active tuitions, it is easier for the tutors to check their earnings weekly and monthly. Besides, the tutors can easily keep a track of their tuition, like the ones for which the fee has been incurred or yet to be incurred.
Statistics – Data is stored and managed by the facts & figures regarding the services availed, grades with maximum tutors, most desired locations, and the payments.
Manage Tutors & the services – Tutors that have registered with the app are monitored in this section, along with their services, experiences, and specialization.
Efficient Analysis – A track record is analyzed, stored, and maintained of every user and tutor who is associated with the app and avail of the services.
Service Listing & Management – Admin manages and tracks all grades of school, colleges, courses, and specialization.
Jobs Assignment & Manager – It is the Admin who handles the entire tuition request. Admin has the authority to transfer requests to other tutors associated with the network, in case the schedule of the concerned tutor clashes with other students.
Student Manager – Admin manages the information related to students who have been enrolled for a long time, with their chosen courses and fee structure.
Reports – Weekly and Monthly reports of tutors, their earnings are verified according to applied rules & regulations, to maintain an effective learning ecosystem.
Push technology works wonders in this kind of app as it expands the user base to an all-new level. This technology does a wonderful job of keeping your users and tutors engaged. You can send messages for special offers/news/events, and other promotional offers to the app users instantly. Hence, boosting user loyalty & user engagement with the app.
It is fruitful in many ways to integrate the digital payment system in the On-demand tutor mobile app. Multiple payment options like eWallet, Credit/Debit cards, NetBanking can be embedded so that users can make convenient payments within the app. This way they can book a tutor easily.
Integrate this technology into your app to enhance its standards, as it boosts the functionality as well as the operability infrastructure of the app. The usage of this technology makes it easier to store data on cloud servers as well as it streamlines the user experience by delivering data at a really fast speed while keeping your app safe at the same time.
Hence, with cloud technology, payment information, user, and tutor details can be stored quickly and easily and can be accessed as and when necessary. Thus, there is simply no need to maintain large hardware devices with the cloud being for your rescue.
Heat Map View
Quite a crucial feature as it very well displays necessary details like most prominent areas/classes/subjects/categories. Hence it enables users to make a production decision. They can visualize all details in concern of tutors and the services they want to avail themselves. Among the best features for an On-demand tutor app, Heat Map View brilliantly displays all necessary details needed by the user.
This built-in messaging feature makes communication smooth and transparent between students & tutors. Students can easily clear out their queries related to any topic with their tutors. Besides, other students are also allowed to take part in the communication, thus the discussions regarding topics expand up, which adds to students’ knowledge and also empowers group-learning skills.
GPS (Global Positioning System) is again a crucial feature enabling both the admin & users to track tutors’ location in real-time. Users can use this technology to determine whether the tutor has taken the long route to reach their place. Accordingly, the more optimized path can be suggested by the users, hence it cuts down the additional time to be taken to reach the destination.
Apt technologies should be chosen as one proceeds with the On demand tutor app development, thus meeting the varying user needs & setting yourself apart from the present competitors. Usage of the right technology proves to be critical in delivering a seamless user experience. Here we present the technologies which have to be embedded in this kind of app.
- Real-Time Analytics – Hadoop, Spark, BigData, Apache Flink, Cisco, IBM
- Cloud Environment – AWS, Google, Azure
- Database – MongoDB, Hbase, Cassandra, Postgres, MailChimp Integration
- Payments – Braintree & PayPal, Stripe, EWallets
- SMS, Voice, and Phone Verification -Nexmo, Twilio
- Push Notifications – Twilio, Push.io
Required Team Structure
To develop a sophisticated and premium quality mobile app, you will need to take the help of a best-in-class mobile app development company, which offers a team of adept technical experts, designers, developers, and testers. The selection of pertinent candidates is the most crucial step of mobile app development as without skilled and knowledgeable professionals, you can’t develop a superior On demand Tutor Mobile app.
Cost of On Demand Tutor App Development
The mobile app development firms and app developers around the globe, charge on a per-hour basis for mobile app development. Like in Developed countries like the USA or Europe the prices are steep beginning from $50 to $250 per hour. The prices in Singapore are lower as compared to the USA or Europe region, starting from $30 to $150 per hour.
In India, the development for full-stack On-Demand tutor apps starts from a really low rate of $10 to $80 per hour. Thus, when the entire overhead costs are calculated, an average cost for a single platform (either Android or iOS) is certain to cost $7,000 to $30,000. Then again, if you choose to develop a cross-platform app or desire to add advanced features to your app, the cost will take up to $45,000.
Education should not be confined to closed rooms. This is the right time to connect millions of people with this growing source. This pandemic situation has made the online medium of learning a good option for parents so that they can connect their children with education at home.
If you also want to dive into the countless worlds of learning, you want to make your app adjoin millions of people who use the app and take advantage, then you should move forward from today itself. Or ask a team of strong developers and experts to combine your idea with their efficiency and assure great success in return. Then connect with us today for a long-lasting experience in building remarkable apps and handle any hard deed complexities.