Enterprise Mobility is a disruptive technology changing the ways businesses interact with their employees (B2E), with other businesses (B2B), and with their customers (B2C). Enterprise mobility, in a nutshell, mobilizes not only the employees but also the corporate data. It enables employees to interact with their company (data or server) through dedicated smartphone or tablet applications.
Enterprise mobility emphasizes on BYOD (Bring-your-own-device) model in which employees have the liberty to choose their device, which could be a personal one as well. However, BYOD model poses fresh challenges for the IT department in maintaining a seamless data-access experience across different platforms and screen sizes. To counter this, businesses can opt for CYOD (Choose-your-own-device) model in which employees choose from the limited options of devices that are equipped with EMS applications. Although CYOD might not come across as exciting an option as BYOD, it handles the compatibility and security issues to a large extent.
Does my business need to make a transition towards Enterprise Mobility?
If you haven’t made the transition already, you are losing on a wonderful opportunity. We are probably not the best people to answer this question. Your stakeholders are. You need to try finding a few answers.
1. How EMS (Enterprise Mobility Solutions) is going to help my stakeholders?
2. Can my employees be more productive on-the-move than on their desks?
3. Can EMS enable sales team to cater to the needs of our customers better?
4. What is the cost of implementing mobility solutions to my company’s infrastructure?
Closely assessing the challenges and opportunities will help you in making an informed choice.
Below are a few reasons why EMS is the future of organizations.
1. Desk-work is traditional and boring. With the advent of cloud, developers, programmers, sales people, and other team-members don’t want to limit themselves to cubicles.
2. Integrating customers’ experiences with EMS helps your team create a friendlier and more helping environment for the customers.
3. Enterprise mobility embraces collaboration like no other thing can. Simple SaaS (Software as a Service) based applications such as Dropbox do wonders with the way team members contribute and collaborate. Tailor-made EM apps for complementing the teamwork increases productivity.
4. Smartphones and tablets are more home-like than traditional desktops. The BYOD model allows employees to interact with their favorite gadgets for their work-related tasks. More familiarity brings more results.
5. Cloud helps in easy dissemination of data and information in the company. Enterprise mobility can be effectively achieved using Hybrid, Public or Private Models.
Is your company ready to make the first move? You can contact us or submit your query.