Traditionally the labs are lacking resources that provide proper functionality and usage. Reporting was time-consuming and comprised of transcription errors. Laboratories are always required to run well without any risk as they cater health benefits to millions of people. So, connecting with flawless and authenticated systems ensures the labs to the maximum workflow of their data and resources. The laboratory information management system development satisfies the needs of patients, doctors, and other medical staff. These systems help to meet the regulatory requirements. It gives compact data integrating solutions, accurate results to reduce the risk and time of the medical industries.
However, creating such systems need a variety of factors and functionalities that finally decide the cost.
What Is Laboratory Information Management System?
The LIMS ( Laboratory Information Management System) allows to quickly manage the samples with the associated laboratory data to perform the overall functionality and processes in the lab. By implementing the laboratory information system the workflow and the automation of records are quickly enabled.
LIMS are categorized into clinical labs, production labs, food & beverages, and natural science labs.
The Efficiency of Medical Lab Management Software
With laboratory management software, the bulk data can be quickly managed. It provides valid results and cross experimentation.
These LIMS solutions are designed to track the test results, workflow, create compliance reports, and quick automation.
A layer of security restricts any data breaches, on cloud storage solutions, and maintains the different workflows.
What Is the Purpose of a LIMS?
Managing a laboratory is a very critical task where no error is permissible under any situation. So the purpose behind the LIMS is to assure the smooth operation of the laboratory under its supervision.
LIMS supports workflow management and assures quality performance. Various tools integration like management reporting, and analytical reporting helps to track patient data. Billing payments are automatically done once the patient gets discharged.
Thus, the LIMS system gives new scope to the software development companies to meet the requirements of the laboratories.
Market & Growth Stats
- As per the survey, the global LIMS market is projected to reach $2.1 B by 2026, which was estimated at $1.1 B in 2021 with a CAGR of 13.2%.
- However, in the Covid time, due to the state of urgency LIMS fills the need that arises due to the outbreak led by the pharma and biotech companies, diagnostic labs, testing facilities, and helps to improve the workflow of the traditional laboratory systems.
- This increase in the significant growth potential in the top emerging markets, like China, India, and Singapore.
- Many new biopharma players have implanted their business laboratory plants in the Asian regions at low costs. Singapore is the one succinct market that delivers informatics and laboratory solutions to the world.
- According to the research by Data Bridge Market Research, the market of the LIMS is expected to reach $436.41 M by 2027 with a CAGR of 12.65%.
- Key market players in the global market are LabWare, LabVantage Solutions, Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc., Shimadzu Corporation, etc.
The market growth demands due to the widespread use of LIMS equipment, technological advancement of the offerings, cloud technology, high expenditure of the R&D in biomedical and pharmaceutical industries, use of other stringent regulatory requirements, and many others. This scope allows individual businesses to enter the market.
Now, let’s come to see the different functionalities of LIMS app development.
Common Functionalities of Laboratory Information Management System
The wide industry of the laboratory information system requires quality management to assure the right information is received by the users. The automation system makes things easy for the users and that’s the place people are going to trust.
Workflow Management: In workflow management, every task is automated with predefined functions, saves time, and takes care of the delivery of the equipment. This makes managing everything easy, while the system can perform its other prioritized task. LIMS software helps scientists to find out the right instrument using the pre-set rules.
Working management software is a must-have need for every medical industry.
Sample Management: A lot of samples are available in the medical centers, they must tie-up with some of the sample management systems. This makes the whole complex task an easy shot and limits the trouble to hold samples in hard format. Most of the LIMS stores the sample information of how many scientists are working with the sample, who has assigned the sample, where to store it, and when it has to be moved.
While LIMS is enough to automate the records, some used RFID to create and audit the logs.
Report Management: Report management helps to perform the data analysis task, data auditing, and audit trail easily. The assistants and technicians can quickly find out their required instruments, sample backlogs, time estimation to process the sample, and other tasks. They can even find out the reports and save them to google drive in different PDF formats.
Although some of the tasks are not possible using the Lab Management app development.
ERP: Using the ERP software, professionals can easily handle laboratory inventory management.
Another solution is tested laboratory management software that can give clear information of the testing equipment, notify with alerts once the stock is low, automatically calculate the storage, and freezer capacity.
Mobile: Technology depends on every industry on the internet and smartphones, including the LIMS. However, the scope of mobile is limited today but will produce many solutions in the future using more advanced technologies.
EHR: Electronic health record (EHR) software is integrally used for accessing health records. It’s better to have LIMS software with EHR, to assure your patient’s health records and monitor their check-in and billing.
Read Also: Cost & Features : e-Prescription Mobile App Development
Benefits of a Robust LIMS Software
Laboratory information management software evolves the fast-ladened solutions to every industry. Below are a few of the advantages it delivered to different sections.
FOR LABORATORY ACTIVITIES
The LIMS system gives a wide range of solutions to performing laboratory activities.
- This platform is in one solution that can effectively manage the lab activities and integrate the modules.
- This includes the intuitive interface to use, real-time tracking of the data from the web, and performs the email facility with ease.
- Allows the error risk operations, using the LIMS integration with the laboratory instruments.
- This software is well versed with the technological methods open for future versions of the system.
- Highly advanced LIBS management software makes the workflow smooth and transparent, to assure the guaranteed delivery, configuration of the calculations, etc.
- Multi-location and language implementation within the software is understood by a large audience group.
FOR QUALITY MANAGEMENT
Quality management features assure the quality performance of the software, track any changes to earn the maximum benefits for the business.
- Business intelligent software such as information management software (IMS) is used for quick data transfer, searching, and stats.
- The laboratory standards meet with the other regulatory compliance like UNI CEI EN ISO / IEC 17025, ISO 9001, and CFR 21 part II.
- The complete transparency adheres with data auditing and the logging of transactions.
- Protocols are monitored using the management of analytical data and compliant with standard US-EPA (Environment protection agency).
FOR INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY
LIMS software is important for the IT industry to track their record and revisit their work on time. More benefits that need to be considered are:
- High-defined procedures ensure all of the stakeholders are under a single platform to reduce the time.
- LIMS software enables to delivery of data exchange, secured the data within the system architecture. This helps to automate each data in the relational database to fast performance.
- It uses the latest technologies including Microsoft entity framework, dot net framework, data exchange with the XML web services.
- Supports multiple database platforms like Oracle, SQL server, and multiple languages.
- Supports the quick workflow, design of the web pages, reports, audits, and other customizations.
- Includes new enterprise solutions for ERP and accounting, resource planning, etc.
Using the LIMS software it is quite easier for everyone to perform their tasks within the time constraints. For more information, our expert development team could help you to gain high benefits for the business.
Important Features of Laboratory Information Management System Development
Laboratory information management system assures adequate performance. This contains an array of features to perform the cycle of the system.
- Lab Project Management: This section automated workflows in the system to easily create and manage the lab project.
- Lab Inventory & Storage Management: Lab inventory is used to track the storage of the lab records, audit any logs, and ensure that everything is working fine. Trigger alerts in case of low stock, and assign the order alerts.
- Laboratory Automation & Integration: This feature involves the liquid handling and proper synthesis of workstations, and compromise the Cyclone or Tomtec Quadra 96 320, Tecan Genesis RSP-100 are the liquid handler systems used for integrating with the ERP and PIMS systems. These tailor-made solutions are specially designed for the need of laboratory inventory.
- Workflow Management: Workflow management software assures the auditing of the data to meet the regulatory standards. It makes the decision process quick for screening and manages the overall workflow of the system.
- Electronic Document Management: With the use of electronic document management every part of the data is distributed in the digital format. The online repository involves the documentation of raw data and reports in a unified way.
- Lot, Batch, & Case Management: The LIMS software manages the lot, batch, and case management via the grouped login.
- Data Analysis: This method is used for the accurate predictions of any fault in the future. The data is available in graphical formats, including curve-fitting, NCA, and QA calculations.
- Prioritization Queues & Worklist Management: This feature helps for managing the priority tasks at the first and re-assign for each of the assays. Any loopholes are identified with the worklist management software.
- Laboratory SOP Enforcement: This ensures the easy enforcement of the new rules for the registration, screening, and any queue.
- Animal Facility Management: This feature allows the quick allocation of every facility to the animals including animal location management, their history, record tracking, IACUC protocol management, and others.
- Molecular Biology, Cell Culture & Bioinformatics: The bioinformatics involved several comprehensive solutions to assure the functionality and integrity of each assay.
- Chemistry & Cheminformatics: The cheminformatics consisted of compound registration, structure visualization, drawing and searching, etc. The above all are the affirmative solutions for the laboratory management system. This reveals the accurate results in the utmost time delivery with the automated workflows. These are the must-have features every authentic lab inventory system should have.
Read Also: Doctor on Demand App Development – Cost and Key Features
Businesses are expanding daily. To remain stable in the competition and to fulfill the needs of people, new technologies are derived and cohesive with the existing ones. Let’s see what is the list of the features that can improve the performance of the app.
Pricing/Billing/Invoicing: It provides the record of billing of clients, tracks the results, enables to track the client which is more profitable and their tracking usage. The physical test is organized into four different levels and their respective price. This helps to generate accurate invoices without any errors. This invoicing system obtains a detailed delivery for the customers as per the trends. Once the project is completed automatic billing is incurred.
Backup Support: The LIMS system enables various backup support including LIMS administrator, end-user, technical team, after-sales, and onsite support. This gives the facility to the lab personnel to provide comprehensive training to the individuals.
Integration of the LIMS System to Externals: LIMS system is integrated with the external system to give an edge to the overall performance of the system. The LIMS system is configured with the accounting packages like PASTEL to drive fast maintenance of the record, this saves time. Business intelligence models are widely accepted and configured by businesses to robust the existing LIMS systems.
Warehouse models help to maintain the records of inventory of the instruments.
Users from different parts of the world rely on the LIMS systems so multiple language support is a must-have for them.
Integration of LIMS with Analytical Instruments: Analytical data gives a quick analysis of records. Reduces the chances of any risk. The data protection tools manage the crucial files, eliminating the possibility of any error.
When planning for the LIMS software it is essential to mix adequate quality of technologies to match with the ideal hospital management solutions already available in the market.
- User-friendly navigation and designs
- Capable of running among various platforms like Android and iOS for mobile, laptop, and desktop.
- EPA integration
- Follow the protocols like GDPR, HIPAA, and HL7.
- Including all of the EHR practices.
- And others.
Once you are assured of the latest leakproof technology then the next step is to find out the right team structure that can configure the technologies in the mobile app.
Required Team Structure of Laboratory Information Management System Development
The right pair of development teams is the most important requirement for the app solution.
- Project Manager
- Business Analyst
- Front End Developer
- Back End Developer
- UI/UX Designer
- Graphic Designer
- Quality Analyst
- Support Engineer
Read Also: On Demand House Maid App Development – Cost and Key Features
Cost of Development
Lab Management System development cost may vary as per the region, demographics, language, per hour price, and complexity of the app. This includes connecting patients, clinical staff, and doctors under the roof. The cost is affected by the factors including:
- Features: Using the involvement of the features the cost of development would be estimated to be $30k-$50k.
- Additional Features: On adding the advanced features inside the app the cost of the app may rise a little to $70k.
- Location of the Development Team: Based on the location the cost per hour may vary depending on the location. The cost of development in the US and Europe regions is higher as compared to the Asian regions. Singapore developers are well efficient within the budget of around $30 per hour.
- Size of the Team: The number of team members with their expertise decides the overall cost of the project.
- Number of Platforms Involved: This affects the cost of the development. Usually, Android and iOS platforms are widely accepted for the app solution.
- Other API Integrations: Integration with the third party would cause the price of the app.
- Licenses and Certifications: The cost of the license and engagement of other compliances and certifications are important to the extent the product reaches the wider market.
Always choose the right development team that would ensure the fast and right interoperability of the solutions and earns good revenue in return for your business.
On concluding everything the laboratory information management systems define the peak elevation in the labs and clinical workplaces. It’s the right time for businesses to research and come out with expert solutions for the industries.
We at Octal info Solution, with the decade of the experienced team, are known for creating world-class products for clients and their businesses. You can connect with us for your next business idea.